All Australians proudly celebrate and share in the Centenary of Canberra, our nation’s capital–the city that tells the story of our country's freedom, spirit, achievements and aspirations.
- Increase the pride and ownership of Australians in their capital.
- Fully engage the community of Canberra, the Capital region and the broader Australian community in the celebrations.
- Establish enduring international recognition of Canberra and its role as the capital.
- Build the positive image and reputation of Canberra as a city and community.
- Build lasting legacies of community value through memorable celebrations and high quality projects.
- Create impetus for future development of the national capital.